Saturday, January 3, 2009

Day 2 Siem Reap


*This is my favourite pic so far =)

The second day started of with English breakfast at the hotel. Food was good and I had my first taste of English Breakfast tea. I really liked it and thought it was a good change than the my usual BOH tea packet. May be I should get a packet from Twinings of London.
After breakfast, we headed for the temples. In order to save time travelling on the road, we began our journey with Bayon temple which is the heart of Angkor Thom city. One thing which I have learnt about Cambodian temples is they can be quite confusing in terms of religion because Angkor is of Hinduism but Bayon is in line with Buddhism .


Entrance of Bayon (Buddhism )

Ruins of the temple.
Like the Eygptiams - they carved their culture on to the wall.

SIS - inspecting ^_^ SPot the serious look on her face.

Entering main temple - weather was splendid.
Notice the smiley face there?




The EXIT looks equally magestic as the entrance

Royal Playground

TA Prohm.

See how nature works it's magic!! - Banteay Kdei
It is amazing to see how the roots are keeping the ancient temple from falling apart.

A women temple

We arrived at Angkor Wat late afternoon. Apparently it is the best time to take picture before the sun sets as it has the most beautiful picturesque.


Unfortunately , this area was blocked for renovatin purposes, otherwise I would have try my luck on that steep stair.






Good sis gone MAD.
**Please be reminded this is not a DARLIE advertisment =)


Trying to be a good photographer. =)^_^

No comments: