Saturday, February 28, 2009

Year 2009

It's been close to 5 days since I arrived in Melbourne to commence my second year studies on Architecture. Everything in IH looks very much the same except the presence of freshers. Meeting them really made me thinking how fast time actually pass by as it was only a year ago I was in their shoes and now , I am their senior . It is amazing how people can be so caught up with their busy lives and not knowing that we are all actually ageing as every minute passes by.

When I saw them, I found myself thinking or may be more of self evaluating my emotions of being a 20 year old woman. That thought surprisingly gave me pleasure. I supposed being half adult would give you a new sense of maturity but with age, there is always responsibilities. So, I think that is probably the downside of ageing. Not the wrinkles nor the slowing metabolism rate but rather the responsibilities to be able to support oneself like work....

However, I am actually looking forward to work in the future in an architecture firm and given opportunities to create wonderful structures. Well. except, I wish there was another way around with the architect's crazy working hours. Yet , then again, like a friend has once said
" Real Success is finding your lifework in the work you love"
- David McCullough

No comments: