Saturday, August 16, 2008

Life in Melbourne

I know .. I know.. I need to keep my blog updated. HAhAHa. All thanks to my stubborn bad habit- Procrastination. So let;s start with last week. Last weekend was really something. All I can say is SICK AND BUSy. I was having flue , cough and high fever , worst I was losing my voice when I am supposed to sing the Mexican National Anthem. What a day, huh? Anyway, thank God everything got better and was managed t sing it out aloud.

Since mexico's flag was comprised of Green and red and white, all choir singers had to dress accoring to these 3 colours. And guess what... GREEN, a colour of sustainability but not really the colour of fashion..struck everyone as a NO NO. But fortunately for me.. AHAHHA. I bought a dress under RM 30 and I thought this was a good time to flaunt the beauty of the colour of nature.

Next on, was the winter dinner. hmm.. I had a really long day before it, and was seriously in no mood to celebrate the bloody winter which made practically all my floor mates sick and ill in bed. Very terrible cold and bloody windy.... ARgh.. how i wish the sun was out more often. ANyway, I practically spent the entire evening on my friend's touch screen phone playing games. I know.. that' s so not me ... but boredom can do many things to the sanes. I was playing go kart games, Carlsberg game..... all types of them which I really have no clue at all. Well, as usual after dinner, everyone would start camwhoring and I just played along. that night was really not my night. Placed next to the kitchen, I had to shift my chair over and over again to let the waitors and waitresses pass.... SIGH.... or may be not. ARGHH!!
you see.. I looked like a zomby.

Anyway, despite the horrible week, I managed to meet with some friends and that really made me give last week a thumbs up. A changing point.. Meeting them , having able to still find time to catch up is really amazing for me, but I missed them. Good friends are really hard to find, thats why, I think for me I would go extra mile to keep them close despite they stay somewhere across the universe.
that was really deep. I didn't know I can say such things. really am impressed by myself. HAHAHA.

NOW!!! This is what happening in next week and weeks to come and I must inform everyone that i am doing a 40 hour famine. I have nt eaten anything since yesterday's dinner. Amazing how someone like me who loves food more than sleep is willing to sacrifice FOOD.

The reason i am doing this is for charity cause. World Vision is the organizers of this event and would be great that you checked it out when you come across this. So, basically, students are to do something that is really important to them for 40 hours and ask for donation. I have just collected $25 , hopefully by next week I can have more. It is so amazing to know that with only that amount money we can suppport 8 kids education in India. Oopps! Totally forgotten, the purpose of this famine-----

iS THAT WE ARE TRYING TO RAISE FUNDS FOR CHILD LABOURS IN INDIA> HOPEFULLY< BY ONLY CONTRIBUTING THIS MUCH WE CAN PROVIDE THEM THE OPPORTUNITY OF EDUCATION!!!
Play is happening next week and since I agreed to help sew, I will be busy up the wall again. Hopefully my sewing is presentable... Wish me luck.

No comments: